Full Concourse Restoration No exaggerations, Truly The Best!
- Superb exterior and interior paintwork - Pale Blue over Turkis Green - one of the best finished of all I've ever offered.
- Superior interior restoration - original style Como Green interior panels with beautiful matching upholstery.
- Original, expertly installed mohair-style headliner.
- Low mile, upgraded drivetrain - 1600cc dual port with disc front brakes.
- Deluxe features and trim, all intact
- Safari windows - always a favorite for great fun
- Original flawless dash - still gleaming and simple
- Original Sapphire I AM radio by Bendix (not connected)
- JVC AM/FM CD player
- Pioneer CD disc changer
- Working Deluxe clock
- Original Hella headlight lenses
- Original SWF rear turn signal lenses
- New Hella front turn signal lenses
- Original rear seat kick panel
- Dynamat soundproofing throughout interior for road noise reduction
- New seat stand mats
- New Mohair-style headliner professionally installed
- Correct Silver White bumpers
- Original deluxe bumper trim
- Original deluxe beltline trim
- Original rear seat luggage bar
- Original drink bar shelf
- Original Jail bars
- Original big-logo Sekurit curved corner windows
- Original ashtrays
- New 6.40 X 15 Firestone Deluxe Champion wide whitewall bias-ply tires
- Correct 15" wheels, color=coordinated in body colors
Restoration and Exterior-wise, this special 15 window transporter ranks among the best lookers of all I've offered. It was completely disassembled inside and out, stripped to bare metal and repainted Turkis Green and Paile blue in all the right places. Mirror arms and deck lid prop were painted the lower body color. The bumpers were removed, professional refurbished and correctly repainted Sliver White. The deluxe bumper trim pieces were removed, professionally polished and re-installed with new rubber inserts. Its five 15" wheel hubs were painted Turkis, with Pail Blue applied to the wheel rims. All of its original deluxe beltline trim, rocker spear trims, and trim end caps are present and accounted for, along with their color-keyed rubber inserts. The restorer took great care to polish the paintwork to a very high restorative standard. The body is straight as an arrow and the finish is beautiful, deep and consistent - a product to believe you will find delightful, as I certainly have. It looks phenomenal as you can see from the photos.
Mechanically, the drivetrain was upgraded at restoration with a stronger 1600cc dual port engine and front disc brakes. All mechanical and electrical systems have been inspected, adjusted and refreshed. As a result, you will experience a ride and drive better than one would expect from a stock 1963 Microbus, and this with just 4500 miles from restoration. You can hop right in, turn the key and go down the road confidently. 50 horses eagerly await you. with its original gearbox and gear reduction bosses, safe top end cruising speed is approximately 65 mph. Here is a summary of work recently performed to keep it running true to speed:
- Fresh oil
- New Bosch plugs
- New points
- Valves adjusted
- New heater hoses
- New engine compartment seal
- New battery & cables
- Brakes flushed and adjusted
Interior-wise, you will find a clean, coordinated deluxe Microbus interior reproduced according to VW's vintage Como Green color combination. All three rows of seats are factory original-to-the-bus. They were stripped, sanded, repainted, re-padded and reupholstered with beautiful original style seat upholstery. Covering the floors are new rubber mats and attached to the middle and rear seats are the correct kick panels. The rear one is original and the middle one is a reproduction. New rear hatch deck carpet.
Original deluxe jail bars and rear seat luggage bars, dash knobs, shifter knob, and emergency brake shaft bottom. Her is a point recap of its original interior:
- Original cab, middle, and rear seats
- Seats covered with Como Green seat upholstery
- Parcel tray painted Pale Blue
- Original rear seat kick panel
- Original front kick panels, reupholstered in Como Green
- New Como Green door and interior panels
- New mohair-style headliner
- Rare early deluxe bus aluminum coat hooks
- New rubber floor mats
- Uncut dash
- Chrome door handles
Speedometer/odometer, fuel gauge and dash indicators all work properly and are well lit. Working windshield wipers and horn. Dash is beautiful and uncut. Sekurit and Sigla door glass, pop-out window glass, corner and rear window glass is free of chips or cracks. Pop-out window latches open and close properly. Outside rearview mirrors are new.
Electrical system was upgraded to the stronger 12-volt system, with alternator. All interior and exterior lights, including low and high headlight beams, turn signals, dome light, dash indicator and deluxe clock lights are in good order. all doors, including passenger compartment doors, cargo and engine doors open and close properly.